Updating deers from divorce

Posted by / 19-Oct-2017 12:23

If you are age 65 or over and ineligible for Medicare, you may apply for the plan by attaching a copy of your Social Security Notice of Disallowance of Benefits to your Enrollment Form.

If you are: CHAMPVA Eligible Spouse: "Spouse" means your spouse who is under age 65 and a CHAMPVA benefits recipient, but not a spouse from whom you are legally separated or divorced.

As a parent of a newborn baby, one of the first decisions you made was deciding on a name for your new son or daughter.

As a beneficiary of the Do D Military Health System, the next decision you should make is to enroll your child in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) as soon as possible after birth.

If your information is not accurate in the DEERS system, you may be denied prescriptions at your local pharmacy, even while you are eligible for coverage.

DEERS information must stay current not just for you, but for your entire military family.

Changes that impact the status of your military family include marriage, birth, divorce, or death, and each event must be reported to DEERS in order that your TRICARE eligibility can be maintained.

Official documents are required to add or remove family members, such as a marriage certificates, divorce decrees, or birth certificates.

For example, military network pharmacies determine your military TRICARE eligibility through DEERS.While you are automatically enrolled, your military family members must register in DEERS separately.And most importantly: both you and your military family must consistently update your information to DEERS, in order to receive full TRICARE benefits.To use TRICARE, you must be listed in DEERS as being eligible for military health care benefits.If you don't find answers to your eligibility questions in this section, check with your military service personnel office for specific information.

updating deers from divorce-42updating deers from divorce-84updating deers from divorce-9

for tips on how to update your DEERS information, visit this Spouse BUZZ article.